Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Taken Too Soon...In Memory of Thompson III

There are quite a few people that I have become very close to since I have started puppy raising. They are the people that I wouldn't want anything to happen to them. They are my second family and I would do anything for them.

Tuesday afternoon I finished work, got in my car and did my usual checking of my phone. I got a text from my friend Laura.. and I read that her puppy in training, Thompson had passed away. My stomach fell and I burst into tears. She called me and filled me in on the accident. He had passed away because of a pool accident. I don't want to go into too much detail, but in the end, they had done everything they could by taking him to the vet, and the little fighter who was pushing through with all his might, was in the best hands if he went to rainbow bridge.

I was just with him two nights ago, and the co-puppy raisers are the last people that you would ever want to hear that this would happen to. I wouldn't ever want this to happen to anyone in fact. I am writing this post in memory of little Thompson, and to give awareness to people who have a pool that they let their dogs swim in or that they have taken their dog to swim in. Please keep an eye on him/her.
Accidents happen, and all that we can do at this point is learn from it.

Rest in Peace little buddy.. I Love You.



1 comment:

  1. So very sad, and what a beautiful boy. We are all mourning together, but lifting you and your friend's up in prayer. {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete