Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1st Dog.. 1st Advanced Training Report.. 1st of the Month

Though July 1st may have been just the same as any other 1st of the month, for me it was the 1st day of the month I would be receiving Halo's first advanced training report. Though our region tells us that we will receive the report within the first 2 weeks of the month, I was already glued to my e-mail, pressing the refresh button on my phone every few minutes.

Waiting for the very first report is so nerve wrecking and exciting at the same time. Halo had been there for 6 weeks and I was DYING to know how she was doing. I was very interested to see how she had been behaving and working for her advanced trainer, Michael. I had met him at her turn-in and talked to him for a while.. and then found out about 3 weeks after turn-in that he was her trainer.
Halo's letter to me


July 1st had come... and gone.. and my fellow puppy raisers and I called it a day on checking our e-mails.

I woke up on the 2nd and was logging onto my computer to type out Spunky's progress report when I got a text from my friend Bonnie that our advanced training reports had arrived. I rushed to open my e-mail tab (the files don't open on cell phones.. I think they do that on purpose.. I'm glad I was home or that e-mail would have been torture until I could find a desktop).

I opened the attachment and was very proud of what I saw. She was in good health, and the only issues that she had checked off were barking (It wasn't elaborated as of where that was observed), rough play (no surprise there to me) and being afraid of walking through doorways ( not sure where that came from.. but it has been improving since turn-in). She was doing well learning her advanced commands and did well on her trip to Barnes and Noble.

Turn-In Day


I was really proud of her first report. It felt nice to be able to see how she was progressing.. and I can't wait to see her next report. I wish I could watch Halo as she learns the advanced training commands..

3 comments:

  1. You made it!! Welcome to your First Report Card Day that you have waited weeks and days for, and then it is over so quick, right? And now you get to start over waiting for the next, and the next. Ha! Halo is Awesome; a great report!! YAY!!! Love the picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. hopefully the first of many reports right?! And thank you... it's my favorite picture of us :)

      Delete
  2. Oh how exciting! Sounds like Halo is doing awesome. Novel's turn in is still over a month away, and even the anticipation of anticipating his first report is already starting to drive me crazy o.O haha! :)

    ReplyDelete