Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Folsom Prison

Today my mom and I took Felice (service dog) and Spunky to the Folsom Prison Museum. Since it's Summer time and we have so many museums not far from us, I decided they would be good outings for us to do. The prison isn't too far so we had some lunch and then headed over there.

Felice and Spunky in front of the Museum
As we we were walking through the museum I noticed there was a grate in the floor, which isn't something you would normally find inside. It turned out to the an air conditioner. I haven't really worked on grates with her and this was the perfect opportunity. We walked back and forth over it with lots of treats and encouragement. After some time working on it, I even got her to sit on it long enough for a picture.
Did it even with a smile on her face!

 We went further inside, and started checking out all the displays. It was really cool reading all about the things about prisoners, what they did there, old items they used to use at the prison and more. I enjoyed seeing all the old tools and the tools that prisoners made that were eventually confiscated. In the back of the museum there was a mock cell that had an animated talking prisoner. It told us about the daily life in the prison, what the walls were made of and other cool facts. 
"Don't make me stay, Mommy!"
 
Old surgery table
After we had left the museum we checked out a few things they had displayed outside, and got to look at the prison from afar. We weren't allowed to get to close, but we did go behind the "no visitors beyond this point" for a quick photo op.  
Pretending to be Rebels.
At the end of the day we stopped back inside the museum so I could get a shirt, and Spunky passed out on the floor. I guess it was too hot for her outside. We aren't huge fans of the 100 degree weather, while being a fluffy golden!


I can't wait to visit other museums over the next few weeks! I get to enjoy the places I haven't been before, while making it a good outing and getting some cute pictures! I would call it a successful day.




 





2 comments:

  1. Such a fun outing!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I stumbled upon your blog a while ago, but then lost it, so I'm glad to find it again. :-) I love following your's and Spunky's adventures on Instagram too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great outing!! Did the AC have air blowing up? Great work, Spunky!! I like the commentary that you add with the photos. =)

    ReplyDelete